– A cohort study that tested the effect of defined green qualities (Serene, Space, Wild, Culture, Lush) in the environment on mental health. Also studied interaction effects on mental health of those place factors and varied person factors (financial stress, living conditions, and physical activity).
– 21 pathways identified here include environmental factors, physiological and psychological states, and behaviours or conditions, each of which has been empirically tied to nature and has implications for specific physical and mental health outcomes.
– A study was done to investigate the impact of an outdoor environmental program, Math and Science in the Outdoor Classroom, on elementary grade students’ creative and critical thinking, and attitudes toward math and science.
– Find out the annual benefits of a tree that is special to you through an interactive module. Benefits are broken down into monetary values for storewater, electricity, air quality, property value, natural gas, and CO2. The results will surprise you!
– RoundUp and RoundUp Alternatives to help keep our pollinators safe. Includes how RoundUp can pose a risk to humans and animals, but also what organic alternatives are available on the market today and home recipes that you can try.
– Tree Canada is an organization that develops programs in partnership with the private and public sectors, communities and individual Canadians, to maintain a healthy environment through sustaining urban and rural forests.