Contract Position Part-time
The British Columbia Landscape and Nursery Association (BCLNA) is an industry organization serving BC’s nursery growers, landscape professionals, retail garden centres and the associated landscape horticulture trade. With more than 500 member companies, BCLNA offers members leadership, information and services toward the development of more knowledgeable and responsible horticulture practices. Included in its mandate is also business development and issues management for BC’s green industry. Project highlights include: Grow West Coast Horticulture Trade Show, Plant Something BC, Grow Your Future BC, Japanese Beatle eradication and much more!
- Grow West Coast – September 14 + 15 (Pre-show 13th post-show 16th)
- BC Fall Home and Garden Show – October 19 – 23
- The Wellness Show – February 11 – 12 2023
- In-Store Demos range from Aug. 1-Feb. 20, 2023
Are you an outgoing individual who loves meeting new people and networking? This position might be precisely what you are looking for. Become a brand ambassador for the BCLNA program Plant Something, by attending trade shows and in-store demos throughout the year. The position’s primary role is to promote Plant Something to the public and encourage shopping local at an independent garden centre. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with local garden centres to promote the program at in-store demos.
You will work directly with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator on marketing tasks such as posting on the Plant Something Instagram story while attending events, coordinating in-store demos and ensuring all marketing materials are ready for tradeshow dates.
This is a part-time contract role. Must be able to work key dates listed above. Tradeshow days include working from set up to tear down.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending retailer store demos throughout the year
- Attending Tradeshows and events
- General marketing tasks include but are not limited to posting on social media, assisting with event production, and assisting with project management
- Becoming a brand ambassador for Plant Something and BCLNA
- Provide marketing admin support
- Set up and tear down booths, including banners and marketing materials
- Contact local garden centres to set up dates and times for in-store demos
- Answer questions about the Plant Something program
- Recommend free sign-up to Local Garden Centres and landscapers
- Create various social media posts
- Additional days at Grow West Coast include the pre-trade show event, the setup and tear down days and the tailgate party.
- Organizational skills are required
- Member promotions at various suppliers
- Previous gardening experience is an asset but not required.
- Previous marketing and/or event promotion experience is an asset.
Employment Type: Contract Position Part-time
If you are interested in applying, please email Jayde ( [email protected] ) your resume, cover letter and portfolio.