Digital Content Coordinator
The British Columbia Landscape and Nursery Association (BCLNA) is an industry organization serving BC’s nursery growers, landscape professionals, retail garden centres and the associated landscape horticulture trade. With more than 500 member companies, BCLNA offers members leadership, information and services toward the development of more knowledgeable and responsible horticulture practices. Included in its mandate is also business development and issues management for BC’s green industry. Project highlights include: Grow West Coast Horticulture Trade Show, Plant Something BC, Grow Your Future BC, Japanese Beatle eradication and much more!
You are a storyteller. Writing is a passion and comes naturally to you. You strive to bring awareness utilizing social media platforms and have a knack for creating digital content. You are creative and are not afraid to voice your ideas.
This position is responsible for creating, integrating, improving and maintaining digital content to achieve association goals. Your duties include sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices. Ultimately, overseeing all digital marketing content initiatives to ensure engagement, brand consistency and a positive member experience. This position works directly with the COO, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Board and Staff in devising innovative strategies and tools for enhancing the BCLNA brands (PlantSomething, LandscapeBC, Grow Your Future, etc) and its programs.
- Developing and maintaining BCLNA’s overall digital strategy, including websites, social media platforms, and email campaigns, all in alignment with overall association objectives and marketing plans
- Collaborate with staff and contractors to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Create, develop and manage content for BCLNA websites; copyedit and proofread all web content; curate all user-submitted content
- Coordinate web projects, including developing and maintaining the master content calendar for BCLNA websites
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content is on board
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Producing reports on digital campaign performance and making recommendations to increase performance
- Email marketing strategy and execution
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Managing and leveraging digital resources such as video and photo archives
- Ensure compliance with the law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and evaluate how BCLNA can take advantage of opportunities to use new technologies
- Digital photography; shooting and editing of video content
- Participate in the development and implementation of trade and consumer shows including Grow West Coast. This may include registration, booth organization, etc.
- Other work may be required based on programs and issues as and when they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Marketing and/or Communications or equivalent;
- Excellent English communications skills including written and oral skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven work experience with digital content
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Interest in the benefits of plants to enhance the environment, mitigate climate change and support their socio- and economic benefits.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with online media as well as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, HootSuite and WordPress.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required. The person may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental and RRSP matching.
Employment Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying, please email Jayde ( [email protected] ) your resume, cover letter and portfolio.