Money to Hire people!
New funding for Ag Internships UPDATED INFORMATION JUNE 17
The Youth Employment and Skills Program, offered by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, encourages employers to hire youth who are 15 to 30 years of age for internships in order to gain employment skills so they are positioned to enter the workforce permanently. Extra incentive is offered for those youth facing employment barriers such as a disability, remote location or other socioeconomic need.
- intake will begin June 3, 2019 at 10 am EDT
- if approved, projects can start immediately
- approved projects can receive 50% of total eligible costs, up to a maximum of $14,000
- Not-for-profit, Indigenous organizations and applicants who hire a youth facing barriers will be eligible to receive 80% of total eligible costs, up to a maximum of $14,000
- an additional $5,000 in funding covered at 100% is available for applicants to help the youth overcome their barriers to employment (For example, barriers could include, dependent care, transportation costs, or protective clothing)
- applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis as long as funds are available. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early
- Preference may be given to Indigenous groups in support of the Government of Canada’s priority of advancing reconciliation and Indigenous economic development
Please note the program is first-come, first-served. As such you are encouraged to apply as early as possible since funding is limited.
If you are interested in this type of support, I would encourage you to visit our website: