BC Flood Emergency Information & Resources
Due to the impact of the floods in our province and in the Fraser Valley, the BCLNA wants to ensure our members are supported through this difficult time. We are monitoring the floods closely to provide timely information and updates.
Our thoughts are with all those affected.
We are monitoring the situation in the Fraser Valley and across the province closely and our thoughts are with all those affected. If you are in need of an immediate response, we recommend you call the provincial flood response toll-free line at 1-833-376-2452. Agents are available 7 days/week from 8:30 to 5:00.
Many organizations are compiling resources and useful information for those impacted by the floods.
- BC Agriculture Council
- Ag Safe BC
- Ministry of Agriculture
- City of Abbotsford
- City of Chilliwack
- City of Merritt
- District of Hope
- Fraser Valley Regional District
- Town of Princeton
Resources are available for those directly impacted by the floods in BC.
BC Flooding Evacuees to get Additional Financial Support
|The Province has partnered with the Canadian Red Cross to provide additional financial assistance to meet the immediate needs of those evacuated due to the floods. Those whose primary residences have been placed on evacuation orders due to the flooding may be eligible for $2,000. The application and more information can be found here.|
- Disaster Financial Assistance
- Agristability Fund
- Primary Residence Funding
- Funding Program Assistance & Consultation Services
Be informed about current evacuation orders, road closures and updates.
- Emergency Info BC
- City of Abbotsford – Evacuation Orders, Information for Evacuated Residents
- AgriServiceBC Emergency Update
Find out how you can support those in need by donating.
- Abbotsford Disaster Relief Fund
- BC Agriculture Council Fund to Support Farmers
- Red Cross
- Equipment donations email [email protected]
- AgSafe call for PPE email [email protected]
Donations for Evacuated Migrant Workers
- Sumas Prairie Migrant Workers in BC gofundme
- Charis Camp is a camp located in Chilliwack that is temporarily housing migrant workers. They are collecting donations here
- River Forecast Centre Issues High Streamflow Advisory
- US In-Transit Shipping for Agricultural Products In and Out of BC – Anyone experiencing issues shipping agricultural products (which includes nursery stock and Christmas trees) into or out of BC, Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have implemented some interim measures for transit through the US. Please read the CBSA Communique and US CBP Bulletin for the full measures.
- Fuel Restrictions – Agricultural Essential Vehicles
How to prepare for emergencies
Mental Health Resources
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries have an extensive list of mental health resources available.
- Health Emergency Management is offering temporary telephone services for anyone who requires a support call.
- AgSafeBC has a list of regional contacts and resources for mental wellness here.