BCLNA’s Annual Grower of the Year Award recognizes a nursery production professional or company who has demonstrated best or innovative practices, exemplifying standards of excellence for nursery production.
This award is generously sponsored by:
This BCLNA Award acknowledges a nursery grower or production nursery who has made significant contributions to the BCLNA and the horticulture industry.
ENTRY DEADLINE: 4 PM on July 6, 2018
AWARD PRESENTATION – The winner will be announced at CanWest Hort Expo’s Tailgate Party on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
- Nominations can be self-nominated or by a 3rd party
- Nominees may be an individual or a BCLNA member company
- Individuals must be an employee or operator of a BCLNA member company
- Send submissions via e-mail to [email protected]
- Include a description highlighting the techniques and methods that the nominee has put into practice, with a maximum of 500 words. This should include an account of the work, skills, techniques or research that demonstrate why the nominee should be Grower of the Year.
- Send up to 10 photos illustrating or supporting the work performed.
- Will be conducted by a panel of growers, educators and specialists affiliated with the BC nursery industry.
- Innovative Environmental Stewardship Standards – Has developed or implemented new or innovative production methods to increase environmental stewardship standard (cultivation, energy use, mechanization, production excellence, grafting, propagation, etc.).
- Excellence in Production Methods – Has implemented or developed production methods to improve efficiency and/ or increase production of quality nursery stock.
- Excellence in nursery production standards – Has consistently produced a high quality of nursery stock.
- Involved in the industry – Actively engaged in the ornamental nursery industry and its activities to benefit the industry. (All activities/events, not just BCLNA events)
ENTRY SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
Please ensure the following are included in your entry:
- Information typed on a separate sheet or in an e-mail accompanying the description and photos
- A description up to 500 words highlighting the work and the reason for nomination
- Up to 10 photos (digital) which represent your work
NOTE Include the nominee’s name and the company name on all documents & photos. This will ensure all submissions are properly attributed to the respective nominee.