Landscapers, it’s time to kick off the 2020 season!
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Art’s Nursery Ltd.
8940 192 Street, Surrey
Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop (Earn 2.0 CEUs):
Registration: 3:45 PM Workshop: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Member Price: $20.00 Non-member Price: $40.00
Join fruit tree experts Doug De Jong of Misty Meadow Nursery and Laurelle Oldford-Down for a 2-hour workshop on training young fruit trees for the perfect balance of vegetation and fruit. Art’s Nursery will be providing the trees, so just bring your sharp secateurs and appropriate PPE. Space is limited, so register yourself and your staff to secure your spot!
Dinner & Meeting (Free of charge)
Registration: 5:45 PM
Lasagna Dinner: 6:30 PM
- Please contact Fanny for any dietary restrictions by Monday, March 9th.
Meeting: 7:00 PM (Earn 0.5 CEUs)
- Valleybrook Gardens: this evening’s sponsor has some exciting developments for 2020! Learn more about new plant products for 2020 and see equipment from their newly acquired company, Interior Turf Equipment
- AgSafe: Work with Emily Kerr of AgSafe to develop a Worker Competency Assessment Tool specific to our industry
- PlantSomething for Wellness: The new PlantSomething program is encouraging people to ‘bring the outdoors inside’ and will work to bring landscapers and retail garden centers together
- Japanese Beetle Update : what’s changed for 2020?
- Industry updates
Dinner and meeting are compliments of Valleybrook Gardens. Please register separately for the workshop and the dinner/meeting.
** Please note, there will be no refunds after Tuesday, March 10th.
Thank you to our host:
Generously sponsored by:
- March 12, 2020
3:45 pm - 8:00 pm