Due to recent developments of COVID-19, this meeting has been cancelled until further notice.
This technical briefing will provide new information and updates on the eradication and control efforts of Japanese Beetle for 2020 including:
- NEW CFIA Guidelines for Movement Control
- Temporary Transfer Station Confirmation for 2020
- 2019 CFIA Survery Report: sightings, numbers and data collection
- Updates on JB treatment for 2020
- Q & A Session
There are 3 ways to receive the most current information:
- Attend the BCLNA Japanese Beetle Technical Session
- Sign up to the mailing list at [email protected]
- Visit BCLNA’s Japanese Beetle web page at https://bclna.com/japanesebeetle/
People who attend in person will automatically receive ongoing updates on the Japanese Beetle issue.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), the BC Ministry of Agriculture, the City of Vancouver as well as other industry stakeholders like the BC Landscape & Nursery Association are actively working together to address this pest before it takes hold to harm forests, gardens and food crops in BC.
This session is limited to Professional Landscapers, Arborists, Gardeners and Horticulturists only.
Registration is required to attend the briefing.
Deadline to register is March 30th, 12 PM.
- March 31, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm