May 25, 2020
Week 11 Growers’ COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Restarting the Economy
With businesses around the province reopening, now is a good time to remind employees and visitors about safe procedures. AgSafe has provided a hand washing poster for you to
From Leslie Sison, May 19, 2020
CNLA COVID-19 Update
Leslie has sent a comprehensive update on resources and programs which was current as of May 19.
With information changing regularly, please check the links provided in the attachment for the most up to date information.
General Government Programs
- Wage Subsidy extended to August 29, 2020
- CEBA Expansion to include Owner-operated Small Business
- Temporary Foreign Workers
- Canadian Payroll Association COVID-19 update
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy update
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses
Access The Latest Government Updates
Mental Health Information
Access the update here.
FCC invests millions into Canada’s agriculture and food industry
Farm Credit Canada (FCC) has launched a $100-million venture capital fund to support proven, viable companies through unexpected business disruptions, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources from Affiliates
May 22 Now available – exclusive access for farmers to purchase PPE.
The PPE Ordering Form is now set up and ready for pre-orders. PPE supplies will be available to be shipped from their BC warehouse next week. Low order minimums ensure small businesses will be able to access smaller quantities at competitive prices
The ordering form will require companies to register an account using your name, email address and creating a password. You will then receive an email with a link to confirm your account, which allows BCFB to verify you meet the eligibility requirements of being a BC based Agrifoods business.
A User Guide is also available with step by step instructions.
Managing COVID-19 in the Agriculture Industry
- Tips to Recruiting on the Farm During COVID-19
- Support for Associations and Their Members: Managing Workers During Pandemic
- New Agricultural Labour Market Forecast
- Impact of Access to Foreign Workers on Agriculture Industry
Read the newsletter here.