June 22, 2020
Week 15 Landscape COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Just Around the Corner?
If transmission rates remain low or in decline, people can begin travelling throughout B.C.
Under enhanced protocols:
- Hotels and Resorts (June 2020)
- Parks – broader reopening, including some overnight camping (June 2020)
- Film industry – beginning with domestic productions (June/July 2020)
- Select entertainment – movies and symphony, but not large concerts (July 2020)
- Post-secondary education – with mix of online and in-class (September 2020)
- K-12 education – with only a partial return this school year (September 2020)
It seems now, more than ever, we need to support the communities in which we live and work. That’s why Para Space Landscaping jumped at the idea of spreading some cheer to our dedicated frontline workers by giving away free spring clean-up services to deserving candidates.
Para Space selected 7 frontline workers who were in need of a garden makeover.
These hard working recipients of Para Space’s generous act include:
- The Nijjers who are a family of two frontline workers, a firefighter and pharmacist
- Nizbeth Ali, a nurse at Langley Memorial Hospital.
- Kellie Nehring, care worker at a senior’s home
- Dexter Ramos is an ICU nurse at Vancouver General Hospital
- Sue Wittrin has been working in Emergency at Delta Hospital for 21 years and is only one month away from her retirement
The Fall 2020 direction for KPU’s Turf Management Diploma is now resolved.
Present Turf Diploma students will continue with their education under a new delivery format.
Applications are now being accepted for enrollment into the new Turf Management Diploma program, with Fall 2020 timetables and registration available over the next month.
More information is available here