April 27, 2020
Week 7 Landscaper COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Are You and Your Crew Following the Rules?
Please ensure that your staff are following the 2 meter/6 ft physical distance requirement.
- 2 Meters is the length of a hockey stick or a rake
- One person in the front seat and the other person in the back seat is not 2 meters. Workers must travel in separate vehicles if they do not live in the same household.
- recommendations for best practices
- the Landscape COVID-19 Facebook page (BCLNA members only) has some great ideas on how to meet the requirements
- For more information or inquiries, email Fanny St Hilaire.
Responding to the current healthcare environment
ManuLife is covering 50% of your dental premium and 10% of your extended health care premium for the month of May. Stay tuned! A credit will be coming your way.
Decisions about June’s health and dental premium relief when more information is available about how and when provinces will be re-opening services.
SPECIAL OFFERING – Free for 2 months People Connect – Mental Health Solution
LivingEasy – Stress & Resiliency Program
Covid-19 resources with People Corporation
HR support with People First
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
The TD Bank has forwarded more information about the ins and outs of this loan.
Remember that this federally funded government loan is available through all the major banks and some credit unions and all lenders are governed by the same rules and guidelines.
Credit Union Central continues to assist smaller CUs to develop EDC guarantees and the online portals required for each institution.
Contact your primary financial institution to apply.
CNLA COVID-19 Update
There were some new updates to the government supports this week that CNLA wanted to share with you all as well as some answers to questions that had arisen.
This report covers the following topics:
- Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) has provided a FAQ on the CEWS and have made their COVID-19 information available to non-members
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) opens up for application on Monday April 27.
- Canada Commercial Rental Assistance Program update
- Updates on Agri-programs
- Actions to Protect Canadian Jobs
In a separate document, there’s information on inspections on Temporary Foreign Workers in regard to COVID-19.
From HWG, Chartered Professional Accounts
Applying for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
Beginning April 27, applications for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy will be open. More information is available here.
Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
For qualifying businesses, rents will be reduced by 76% for April, May and June. More information is available in this document.
Free from NLAE
Choose to Grow Forward: Part 2
Thursday, April 30th
10 am to 11 am PDT
Moderated by: Jacki Hart – Consulting by Hart
- Mark Bradley – LMN
- Phil Harwood – GrowTheBench
- Jim Paluch – JP Horizons
- Jeffrey Scott – Jeffrey Scott Consulting
Did you miss Part 1 on April 6th? You can watch it now.
Top Business Priorities in the COVID-19 Pandemic:
A Guide to Thinking Differently
Wednesday, April 29th
10 am PDT
Host: Joel Beatson, Landscape Alberta
Presenter, Jacki Hart – Consulting by Hart
- Preserve Cash & Adapt Your Budget
- Adapt the Way You Communicate.
- Emerge From This With a Stronger Team
- Adapt Quickly – Be Decisive