April 13, 2020
Week 5 Retail COVID-19 Updates and Resources
More Federal Financial Assistance for Business
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- It’s a $40,000 government‑guaranteed loan to help eligible businesses pay for operating expenses, payroll and other non‑deferrable expenses which are critical to sustain business continuity.
- It’s possible to have 25% of the January 1, 2021 outstanding balance forgiven; in order to do so, the remaining 75% of the loan must be paid in full by December 31, 2022.
- This loan is interest free until January 1, 2023.
- Applications are done online (only) with your primary financial institution. Note: Banks should now have their application process up and running. Some of the Credit Unions are up and running, some say “coming soon”. Contact your primary financial institution for assistance.
HINT: Are you having problems getting the form filled out? Enter data exactly as it appears on the Monthly Statement and do not adjust any auto-fill tabs. (forwarded by BCLNA Treasurer Brent Mooney)
Information is available on the Government of Canada website.
Are you a SAWP Employer?
Make sure the person responsible for SAWP issues has subscribed the the WALI Updates.
The team at WALI is doing an excellent job pushing out government/industry requirements and regulations as they change – which as we all know is almost daily during this COVID-19 crisis.
Garden Centre Canada
There are many steps to consider during a time of limited staff, social distancing and overall safety. In this document you will find some suggested steps for maintaining a safe workplace.
- Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies
- Your Team
- Outside the Store
- Inside the Store
- Customers in the Store
Read the details and adapt them to suit your business.
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7 am.
I Know I should…But….
Where we can find the inspiration and energy to take action on those great ideas we know we should be doing and move past the obstacles that so often appear and hinder our follow through?
This webinar is sponsored by NLAE and the BC Landscape & Nursery Association
Choose To Grow Forward
A Webinar for Landscape and Horticulture Professionals
Did you miss last week’s webinar? It’s available on YouTube